Collected by S.A. Moffett
153 Obispo, La Habana, Cuba
Stop by the Ambos Mundos Hotel in Old Havana. Ernest Hemingway spent many years living in a hotel room here and the view from the rooftop restaurant and bar is breathtaking. Have a cool, refreshing mojito after visiting the small Hemingway museum...
Anak Krakatau, Lampung, Indonesia
At the beginning of our 7 weeks in Indonesia, we were picked up by Sukia at our hotel in Jakarta at 5:30 a.m. and driven for 3.5 hours to the west coast town of Carita to then be spirited by speedboat across the Sunda Strait, which separates...
Jalan A. P. PETTARANI No. 62, Tamamaung, Panakkukang, Tamamaung, Panakkukang, Kota Makassar, Sulawesi Selatan 90232, Indonesia
One night in Ujung Pandang (Makassar), we were peddled by becak to an old world harbor, Pelabuhan Paotero, where the wooden and colorful Bugi (Phinisi) schooners load and unload their cargoes from around the thousands of small Indonesian islands....
Manú Province, Peru
An easy 25-minute flight from Cuzco and you can be in the river town of Puerto Maldonado, the start of a truly unforgettable experience in the Peruvian Amazon. A stay at the amazing Inkaterra Reserva Amazonica ecolodge was my first jungle...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 4 Where to Go in Winter Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 5 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter