Collected by S.A. Moffett
153 Obispo, La Habana, Cuba
Stop by the Ambos Mundos Hotel in Old Havana. Ernest Hemingway spent many years living in a hotel room here and the view from the rooftop restaurant and bar is breathtaking. Have a cool, refreshing mojito after visiting the small Hemingway museum...
Anak Krakatau, Lampung, Indonesia
At the beginning of our 7 weeks in Indonesia, we were picked up by Sukia at our hotel in Jakarta at 5:30 a.m. and driven for 3.5 hours to the west coast town of Carita to then be spirited by speedboat across the Sunda Strait, which separates...
Jalan A. P. PETTARANI No. 62, Tamamaung, Panakkukang, Tamamaung, Panakkukang, Kota Makassar, Sulawesi Selatan 90232, Indonesia
One night in Ujung Pandang (Makassar), we were peddled by becak to an old world harbor, Pelabuhan Paotero, where the wooden and colorful Bugi (Phinisi) schooners load and unload their cargoes from around the thousands of small Indonesian islands....
Manú Province, Peru
An easy 25-minute flight from Cuzco and you can be in the river town of Puerto Maldonado, the start of a truly unforgettable experience in the Peruvian Amazon. A stay at the amazing Inkaterra Reserva Amazonica ecolodge was my first jungle...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles