Collected by Carolina Gomes-Casseres
Carolina Gomes-Casseres′s Wishlist
Berg Altena, Willemstad, Curaçao
This picturesque row of small single-story multi-colored houses lies in step-configuration along sloping Berg Altena, so as to cheer up visitors to the neighboring Protestant and Jewish cemeteries. The houses are identical in front facade, central...
Weg Naar Westpunt, Curaçao
While out exploring Banda Bou, we decided to grab a late lunch at "Komedor Krioyo" (Creole Eatery) located in a former plantation house; Landhuis Dokterstuin. The restaurant is open daily from 12 – 4 pm (except Mondays) and run by the legendary...
Marina Village Rd, Curaçao
Yellow Poui (Tabebuia Billbergii), in Papiamentu "Kibrahacha" (literally: ax-breaker) blooms after the first sprinkles of spring rain (between March and June). Its vivid yellow flowers thrive for a mere two to three days before dropping off to...
Hanchi di Snoa 29, Punda, Willemstad, Curaçao
For hundreds of years, Curaçao has had a significant Jewish community who helped make the island a center of trade and banking. Their heritage is in evidence at the "Hope of Israel" synagogue, consecrated in 1732. The Dutch-colonial...
Kon. Emmabrug, Willemstad, Curaçao
No island getaway is complete without seeing gorgeous scenery you'd never, ever see at home—and Willemstad’s floating bridge delivers! Built in 1888, "Our Swinging Old Lady" is supported by 16 pontoon boats and two motors. When...
- 1 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 2 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 3 Travel News Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 4 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 5 Holiday Travel 15 Go-to Pieces of Travel Gear to Gift This Holiday Season