Collected by Carol Mince
Carol Mince′s Wishlist
1200-161 Lisbon, Portugal
Across the street from the Cais do Sodre train station, the “river market” is Lisbon’s preeminent food bazaar. Beneath the building’s 1930s dome, vendors sell fresh seafood, meat, fruit, piri-piri peppers, and flowers. The second floor houses a...
Carrer Nou de la Rambla, 3-5, 08001 Barcelona, Spain
Palau Güell is an early Gaudí masterpiece, designed for his longtime benefactor, Eusebi Güell. The mansion, one of Gaudí's first big projects, was recently restored and re-opened to the public. The centerpiece of the building is the amazing...
R. do Ouro 797, 4150 Porto, Portugal
Restaurant Casa d’Oro is the ideal spot for, especially in summer, make the most of its terrace joining a great late lunch with a overwhelming view, feeling like navigating over the river. In a nice building almost whole glazed, literally placed...
Rua de Côrte Real 289, 4150 Porto, Portugal
Portarossa is a fantastic pizzeria situated in one of the most emblematic districts of Porto, Foz, combining modern Mediterranean inspirations, with the 30s and the cool atmosphere of Little Italy in NYC. The entrance is through a portentous red...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Travel News The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 3 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 4 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Paris Riots
- 5 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now