Collected by AFAR Explorer
Carmelo St, Carmel-By-The-Sea, CA 93923, USA
The 17 miles drive in Carmel is worth a try even if you are not into golf. Get a tea or coffee at the Inn by the Spanish bay, enjoy a stroll by the ocean, marvel at the different vistas and smell the perfume of the trees and flowers. And yes, the...
Point Lobos, California 93923, USA
This state natural reserve is a perfect highlight of Northern California's coast. Trails meander through trees, along the craggy coastline and down to tide pools. With California poppy's blooming, cypress trees clinging to rocks and aquamarine...
62 California 1, Carmel-By-The-Sea, CA 93923, USA
I've been all over the California coast and Point Lobos is my favorite place to hike. We have hiked every trail in this reserve and never tire of this magical place. You can see many animals, such as sea otters, seals, elephant seals,sea lions,...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna