Collected by Deborah Goldblatt
71 Wale St, Schotsche Kloof, Cape Town, 8001, South Africa
Cape Town's Bo-Kaap district, also known as the Muslim or Cape Malay Quarter, is instantly recognizable by the vibrant façades in lemon yellow, lime green, and hot pink. If you're feeling under-the-weather because of a gloomy Cape Town...
76 Long St, Cape Town City Centre, Cape Town, 8000, South Africa
On a street that looks a lot like one in the French Quarter of New Orleans sits one of the best markets on the planet. The Pan African Market is three stories of small shops filled with collectibles from all over Africa. My favorite section was on...
Just off the N2 between Knysna and, Plettenberg Bay, 6600, South Africa
Knysna - South Africa : In a park for orphaned elephants, one of my favorite memories of South Africa was getting to interact with the 'families' of elephants that the park gave home to. The animals were gentile and playful and interacting with...
Shop 30, Hudson Building, 30 Hudson St, De Waterkant, Cape Town, 8001, South Africa
It's a weekend ritual for my cousin and his friends to pop into either The Loading Bay or Origins Roast right next door for breakfast. With a gorgeous view of the mountain, both cafés have coffee to die for and stellar food. This particular beauty...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 11 Fall Foliage Train Rides to Book Right Now