Collected by Kimberley Lovato, AFAR Local Expert
555 Jewell St, Rosedale, AB T0J 2V0, Canada
The Rosedeer Hotel is one of the first buildings you see in Wayne, sitting squat on a narrow piece of land between the railroad tracks and the hills behind. It looks like a movie set, and has been. Running Brave, Shanghai Noon, and In Cold Blood...
460 Portage Ave, Winnipeg, MB R3C 0E8, Canada
Winter-weary Winnipeggers are a creative bunch who enjoy hanging out at Stella's at Plug In (http://www.stellas.ca), to escape the cabin fever while most of the snowbirds and city dwellers had gone to warm and sunny destinations. Or gone skiing in...
Whistler, BC V0N, Canada
The Peak 2 Peak Gondola that connects Whistler and Blackcomb mountains was considered a glitzy and expensive PR move when it opened in 2007. Today the 1.9-mile span, the longest unsupported span in the world, ferries hikers, bikers, and...
4545 Blackcomb Way, Whistler, BC V0N 1B4, Canada
Whistler Blackcomb receives lots of press about its big-mountain features, but the resort offers plenty of terrain for every family member and skill level. The Whistler Blackcomb Snow School, among the best in North America, is...
101 9 Ave SW, Calgary, AB T2P 1J9, Canada
The dictionary definition of the word acrophobia reads, "Extreme and irrational fear of heights." I didn't think it applied to me until I went to Calgary last fall. The city is nicknamed "Cowtown" thanks to the famous Calgary Stampede (the world's...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 4 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 5 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna