Collected by Jon Sheer, AFAR Local Expert
Some tiny insights into some awesome experiences to be had in the realm that gave rise to Angkor Wat, one of the greatest monuments to human civilization ever created.
61 St 111, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
A room at S-21 where prisoners were systematically tortured for weeks on end by Khmer Rouge soldiers in order to ferret out false confessions that the victims had committed acts of treason against Pol Pot and the regime. When I look at these...
Tonle Bati, Cambodia
Stone carving of aspara overgrown by tree near the north gate of Ta Prohm temple, Angkor Wat, Cambodia. The north gate is apparently rarely visited by tourists--my awesome guide Bunchai (provided courtesy of AboutAsia Travel, the best bespoke tour...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 Air Travel Want a Free Volunteer Vacation? JetBlue Has Your Ticket
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 5 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December