Collected by Lakshmi R
61 St 111, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
A room at S-21 where prisoners were systematically tortured for weeks on end by Khmer Rouge soldiers in order to ferret out false confessions that the victims had committed acts of treason against Pol Pot and the regime. When I look at these...
Tonle Bati, Cambodia
Stone carving of aspara overgrown by tree near the north gate of Ta Prohm temple, Angkor Wat, Cambodia. The north gate is apparently rarely visited by tourists--my awesome guide Bunchai (provided courtesy of AboutAsia Travel, the best bespoke tour...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Travel News The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now