Collected by Ashly Luke
Angkor Thom, Angkor Archeological Park, Siem Reap 17000, Cambodia
Giant stone faces greet visitors as they enter the Bayon complex. This ancient Khmer center houses over 200 of these serene faces, with theories they were modeled after the bodhisattva (enlightened being) or the Bhuddist king, Jayavarman VII, who...
Krong Siem Reap, Cambodia
Crowds may swarm upon it daily from sunrise onwards, but exposure hasn’t dulled the impact of the largest religious monument in the world. Commissioned by King Suryavarman II in the 12th century as the centerpiece of the mighty Khmer empire,...
Borobudur, Magelang, Central Java, Indonesia
While traveling the coutryside with it's volcanoes in the east and scattered Hindu and Buddhist temples, take time to visit this incredible site. Just outside Yogyakarta you will find the 9th century Buddhist temple known as Borobudur.. worth the...
- 1History + CultureThe Tea Capital of Europe Isn’t Where You Think It Is
- 2Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 3History + CultureIntimate Portraits of Women Who Live as Men in Remote Albania
- 4Tech6 Awesome Hiking Apps for Adventurous Travelers
- 5Where to Go in FallAn Expert Guide to Working Remotely and Traveling the World