Collected by AFAR Explorer
180 Rutherford Hill Rd, Rutherford, CA 94573, USA
One of Napa Valley’s most iconic destinations, Auberge du Soleil got its start in the 1980s as a restaurant—a fine-dining destination in one of the most picturesque locales in one of the world’s most beautiful places. Needless to...
580 Lommel Rd, Calistoga, CA 94515, USA
There’s only one way to get into the 157-acre Napa Valley idyll known as Calistoga Ranch: as a guest. Well, you could come as a guest of a guest, but then you wouldn’t be able to lounge about in a decadent spa robe each morning,...
1712 Lincoln Ave, Calistoga, CA 94515, USA
Usually, the phrase “taking the waters” is reserved for European spa-goers, but, if Californians have adopted the phrase, it’s thanks to Indian Springs and its founder, Samuel Brannan. Brannan opened the resort in 1862 as a...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 4 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos
- 5 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022