An estimated 48,000 houses were constructed in San Francisco from 1848 to 1915 in the style typical of the day, with ornate woodwork characteristic of so-called Queen Anne design. Earthquakes and fires, most notably those of 1906, destroyed many—...
While Japanese gardens have come to be an expected feature of many botanical parks around the world, the Japanese Tea Garden, which opened in 1894, was the first public tea garden in the United States. The original plot consisted of less than half...
- 1 Tips + News Can I Travel Once I’m Vaccinated?
- 2 Natural Wonders Even Volcanologists Are in Awe of Mount Etna’s Latest Eruptions
- 3 Cruise These Cruises Are Requiring COVID Vaccinations for All Guests
- 4 Cities We Love The World’s 25 Best Cities of 2021
- 5 Tips + News Americans Have Traveled to Mexico Throughout COVID