California long weekend trip
Collected by Jenna Ellis
May Lake, California, USA
But you can't make it swim. This summer, my parents took my younger brother and I to May Lake, a High Sierras camp in Yosemite. The weather was gorgeous, the company was fine, and our parents were completely disappointed in our lack of interest in...
9881 CA-89, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150, USA
This state park offers all the ingredients for a great family trip to the mountains. For starters, there’s the beach at Calawee Cove, with its gently sloped sand, crystal-clear water, and rounded granite boulders that make for sublime...
Hidden Beach, Nevada 89451, USA
Tahoe's East Shore is famed for a reason: white sand, clear water, and great afternoon sun. I took this shot at the easily accessible Hidden Beach, just east of Incline Village on Highway 28. Park wherever you can on the main road, then walk along...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Festivals + Events 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local
- 5 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna