California Desert Gems
Collected by Jessica Davis
78-200 Miles Ave, Indian Wells, CA 92210, USA
Every year, I attend the BNP Paribas Open tennis tournament, the largest tourney outside the four Grand Slams. Tennis fans can get up close to tennis stars such as Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic. The setting is breathtaking and the...
It's not often, but about once or twice a year it snows in the Mojave Desert in California. My husband and I made the trek up there and waited for a few hours for the park to open. The wait was worth it. We went into the park and were able to see...
Palm Desert, CA, USA
Several church leaders in Palm Desert join up every year to spread the word about the start of the Lenten season that leads up to Easter. These men line up along a popular street corner and offer ashes to passerby. A beautiful reminder of the...
Rancho Mirage, CA 92270, USA
The Annenberg Estate in Rancho Mirage -- also known as Sunnylands -- has been hidden from the public's eye behind a pink wall for decades. I got a special look at the main home, and the unique mid-century modern architecture. The estate is going...
101 N Museum Dr, Palm Springs, CA 92262, USA
I got a preview of the new Palm Springs Art Museum in Palm Desert, California. In addition to the influential collection of art, the garden around the museum is beautifully designed and showcases the frailty of the desert.
- 1 Travel Tips The World’s Coolest Travel Jobs—and How to Get Them
- 2 Air Travel Emirates Has $799 Flights for Two This Valentine’s Day—but You’ll Have to Act Fast
- 3 Packing Tips How to Apply Marie Kondo’s Life-Changing Magic to Packing
- 4 Where to Go in Spring Places Where Your U.S. Dollar Will Go Far in Spring
- 5 National Parks The Ideal Road Trip Through U.S. Canyon Country