Collected by Leah Madsen
1 Muir Woods Rd, Mill Valley, CA 94941, USA
It's hard to believe that I had lived in Marin for 13 years before learning about the Tourist Club on Mt. Tam. This past weekend my friends and I hiked from downtown Mill Valley, starting on the Dipsea Trail and following it to the Sun Trail,...
Presidio Blvd, San Francisco, CA 94129, USA
Artist Andy Goldsworthy's Wooden Line meanders its way through a grove of Eucalyptus in the Presidio, inviting all to take off shoes and balance beam through the forest. The sculpture, formed from the trunks of eucalyptus, gently curves its way...
Glass Beach, Fort Bragg, CA 95437, USA
This is a pretty little beach that I found by accident. It's quite small but very pretty and I only saw two other people while I was there. The beach was formed due to residents in the early 20th century dumping their garbage over the cliff. Now...
2605 Vichy Springs Rd, Ukiah, CA 95482, USA
An absolutely delightful getaway only a few hours north of San Francisco. The grounds are gorgeous, the baths, relaxing and the atmosphere peaceful and quiet. Only suggestion is the food in Ukiah leaves something to be desired. Pack a picnic or...
Presidio, San Francisco, CA, USA
A few blocks east of Goldsworthy's more prominent Spire is this installation of fallen trees snaking through the still standing ones. Wood Line is located within the cypress grove near the intersection of Presidio Boulevard and West Pacific...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Travel News A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 3 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 4 Packing Tips How to Pack a Suitcase
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico