Collected by Leigh Newton
308 17 Ave SW, Calgary, AB T2S 0A8, Canada
Definitely the coolest restaurant on the block, Model Milk, housed in a former dairy building, does eclectic fine dining in a rustic-hip setting (think exposed brick, and uncovered light bulbs dangling from salvaged wood). There’s nothing stuffy...
736 17 Ave SW, Calgary, AB T2S 0B7, Canada
If you’re in the mood for a burger, shake and/or fries, head to Clive. Somewhere between fancy and fast food, the Clive burger is the perfect mix—it’s simple and delicious. A little bit spicy, and a little bit creamy, the secret sauce helps make...
340 13 Ave SW, Calgary, AB T2R 0W9, Canada
This little sister of the award-winning River Café stands on its own two feet. The same philosophies abound, however (local ingredients, herbs and greens from the restaurant’s garden, slowly roasted meat, and lots of vegetarian options), and, like...
804 Edmonton Trail NE, Calgary, AB T2E 3J6, Canada
This kitschy, old-school diner serves massive portions of mouth-watering breakfast and lunch fare. Hungry families, hipsters, and businesspeople alike dig in to pulled pork hash with caramelized apples and onions served in a mini skillet; crispy...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 3 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Paris Riots
- 4 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now
- 5 Romance 9 of the World’s Most Romantic Winter Wonderlands