Collected by Leigh Newton
308 17 Ave SW, Calgary, AB T2S 0A8, Canada
Definitely the coolest restaurant on the block, Model Milk, housed in a former dairy building, does eclectic fine dining in a rustic-hip setting (think exposed brick, and uncovered light bulbs dangling from salvaged wood). There’s nothing stuffy...
736 17 Ave SW, Calgary, AB T2S 0B7, Canada
If you’re in the mood for a burger, shake and/or fries, head to Clive. Somewhere between fancy and fast food, the Clive burger is the perfect mix—it’s simple and delicious. A little bit spicy, and a little bit creamy, the secret sauce helps make...
340 13 Ave SW, Calgary, AB T2R 0W9, Canada
This little sister of the award-winning River Café stands on its own two feet. The same philosophies abound, however (local ingredients, herbs and greens from the restaurant’s garden, slowly roasted meat, and lots of vegetarian options), and, like...
804 Edmonton Trail NE, Calgary, AB T2E 3J6, Canada
This kitschy, old-school diner serves massive portions of mouth-watering breakfast and lunch fare. Hungry families, hipsters, and businesspeople alike dig in to pulled pork hash with caramelized apples and onions served in a mini skillet; crispy...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 History + Culture Europe’s Lesser-Visited UNESCO Sites Are Easier Than Ever to Explore
- 5 Travel News Several High-Speed Train Routes Are Coming to the United States