Calcutta with the ladies
Collected by Deborah
2/1, Hindusthan Rd, Dover Terrace, Ballygunge, Kolkata, West Bengal 700029, India
Experimenter plays a key role in an art scene that has more good artists than good galleries. In its spare, Zen-like space, the gallery promotes emerging and established artists from South Asia and hosts a range of films and exhibits, some with...
Kolkata, West Bengal, India
No one gets moving too early in this scorching city, so you are likely to enjoy brunch (and occasionally dinner) at Bomti’s. A mainstay of the Kolkata intellectual community, Surajit “Bomti” Iyengar serves authentic Bengali meals in his elegant...
Metro Stn, 10, Middleton St, Near Maidan, Park Street area, Kolkata, West Bengal 700071, India
Tucked down a little lane in the Park Street neighborhood, Earthcare attracts your attention with a display of books outside the shop. Owner Vinita Mansata stocks an eclectic mix of Indian and foreign authors, with an emphasis on environmental and...
Tungsung Basti, Darjeeling, West Bengal 734101, India
The views from your suite—of the Kanchenjunga Mountains, the hills of Sikkim, or the Rung Dung River—might make it hard to leave, but it’s worth it to learn about every stage of tea-making on a tour of the fields and factory. A tasting reveals the...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Festivals + Events 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local
- 5 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna