Cairo for Alex and Annie
Collected by Greg Sullivan , AFAR Founder
157 26th of July Corridor, St, El Zamalek, Giza Governorate, Egypt
A short walk from the Marriott, Abou El Sid is a wonderful restaurant where we had a fun meal, with good food, lots of shisha and many laughs. I just have a picture of the place, but we have video somewhere to prove it!
Al Fostat, Abu as Saoud Al Madabegh, Misr Al Qadimah, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
After a morning exploring Old Cairo, visiting artisans and shopping, Mazaher performed Zar percussion and dancing at Darb 1718. The musicians of Mazaher, Umm Sumeh and Hassan, are two of the last practioners of Zar in Egypt. Zar is a cathartic...
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Travel News This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May