Cairo for Alex and Annie
Collected by Greg Sullivan, AFAR Founder
157, 26th of July S, El، Mohammed Mazhar, Zamalek, Giza Governorate, Egypt
A short walk from the Marriott, Abou El Sid is a wonderful restaurant where we had a fun meal, with good food, lots of shisha and many laughs. I just have a picture of the place, but we have video somewhere to prove it!
Al Fostat, Abu as Saoud Al Madabegh, Misr Al Qadimah, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
After a morning exploring Old Cairo, visiting artisans and shopping, Mazaher performed Zar percussion and dancing at Darb 1718. The musicians of Mazaher, Umm Sumeh and Hassan, are two of the last practioners of Zar in Egypt. Zar is a cathartic...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys