Cairo for Alex and Annie
Collected by Greg Sullivan, AFAR Founder
157, 26th of July S, El، Mohammed Mazhar, Zamalek, Giza Governorate, Egypt
A short walk from the Marriott, Abou El Sid is a wonderful restaurant where we had a fun meal, with good food, lots of shisha and many laughs. I just have a picture of the place, but we have video somewhere to prove it!
Al Fostat, Abu as Saoud Al Madabegh, Misr Al Qadimah, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
After a morning exploring Old Cairo, visiting artisans and shopping, Mazaher performed Zar percussion and dancing at Darb 1718. The musicians of Mazaher, Umm Sumeh and Hassan, are two of the last practioners of Zar in Egypt. Zar is a cathartic...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Travel News The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos