Collected by Ahmed Sultan
15 Hoda Shaarawy, Bab Al Louq, Qasr an Nile, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
When I asked my local guide where to get a real taste of Cairo, she brought me to Felfela. This restaurant has been cooking falafel the same way since 1959 and they have definitely perfected the art. Chefs toss balls of batter into boiling oil....
Misr Al Qadimah, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Darb 1718 is a cultural center in Old Cairo. It provides studio and gallery space to emerging artists from all over Egypt. This piece, painted on the side of one of the many buildings in the compound, immediately caught my eye.
26th of July Corridor, Al Gabalayah, Zamalek, Giza Governorate, Egypt
Mohamed El Sawy, the founder of Culturewheel, an arts and community center on the banks of the Nile in Cairo, treated the Afar Experiences group to a puppet show. Mohamed is in the middle, controlling the puppet of Om Kalthoum, a singer that one...
القاهرة, سراى القبة، El-Zaytoun Sharkeya, El-Zaytoun, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Darb 1718 is an arts center that's really a little neighborhood of workshops in Coptic Cairo where artisans practice traditional Egyptian crafts. At the El Nafeza foundation, they make rice-straw paper completely by hand. Here you can see sheets...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 4 Travel News Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 12 Great Beaches for Winter Sun