Cagliari Top Five
Collected by Liz Boulter
Piazza Costituzione, 09100 Cagliari CA, Italy
Get your bearings by taking in the view from this granite and limestone bastion, built in 1896. Its two flights of curving steps (there is an elevator) lead to a vast terrace with benches and palm trees. The covered promenade beneath the rampart...
Via Santa Croce, 09124 Cagliari CA, Italy
Step back several centuries as you head into medieval Castello, the old walled city perched atop a steep hill. Walk up the Via dell’Università to the first of Cagliari’s watchtowers, Torre dell’Elefante, built in 1307. (The second, Torre di San...
Piazza Palazzo, 09124 Cagliari CA, Italy
Walk through alleys barely wide enough for a Cinquecento car to find Cagliari’s beautiful 12th-century cathedral, with a pale gold facade and stacked and rounded arches. The building was remodeled in the late 1600s, but the square bell tower and...
Strada Comunale Molentargius, 09126 Cagliari CA, Italy
Sardinia is known for its beaches, and one of them is right in Cagliari. The white sand and palm trees of Poetto are a 15-minute taxi ride from the city's dock (or take bus no. 5 from Piazza Matteotti). It can be busy in August, but is generally...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 11 Fall Foliage Train Rides to Book Right Now