Cafes in Munich
Collected by Laurel Robbins, AFAR Local Expert
It's no secret that Germans love their Kaffee und Kuchen (coffee and cake), so here are the best places to join in the tradition—for a mid-morning sip or a mid-afternoon sweet.
Türkenstraße 29, 80799 München, Germany
Miss your kitty or always wanted one? Head to Cafe-Katzentempel for a purr-fect (we couldn't resist) cup of coffee or a light vegetarian lunch and all the cat cuddles you can handle. Home to four rescued cats, the café is the first of its kind in...
Brienner Str. 11, 80333 München, Germany
Referred to as the "Sinful Mile," Cafe Luitpold is home to some of the finest (and most expensive) cakes and pastries in all of Munich, artfully prepared by chef Albert Ziegler. In Munich, they're legendary! Before you're seated, browse the...
Odeonspl. 18, 80539 München, Germany
Tambosi is Munich's oldest continuously operated coffeehouse. It describes itself as the "most Italian place in Munich," where the lifestyle is much further south than the rest of the city. Much of the dolce vita at Tambosi takes place outside,...
Salvatorplatz 2, 80333 München, Germany
In a quiet hof (courtyard), just steps away from all the hustle and bustle near Odeonsplatz, to the right of Theatinerkirche, you will find the tranquil Café Arzmiller. In the style of classic coffeehouses, it offers a sophisticated ambience both...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Travel News Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Cruise Serenity Now: These Are the Cruise Lines Going Totally Kid-Free
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local