Collected by Kristen Fisher
38 Rue Jean Mermoz, 14804 Deauville, France
A stay at the Hotel Royal Barriere is a treat in itself. Staying there during racing season is a real highlight! Early each morning, horses are brought to the beach for workouts in the surf of the English Channel.
Rue du Bienvenu, 14400 Bayeux, France
The Norman town of Bayeux has their own famed basilica and cathedral (the second largest of its kind in France, behind the one on the Paris) and it's well worth the trip while you're in town seeing the Bayeux Tapestry or waiting for your pick-up...
14710 Vierville-sur-Mer, France
June 6, 1944: "Bloody" Omaha Beach saw terrible losses among the 1st and 29th US Divisions, the most costly of the D-Day battles. The sculpture, "Les Braves," by Anilore Banon, was commissioned by the French government to celebrate the 60th...
Maison de l'Estuaire, 20 Rue Jean Caurret, 76600 Le Havre, France
A truly remarkable work of art, spanning the mouth of the Seine and connecting Honfleur with Le Havre; a milestone in the history of civil engineering. Construction began in 1988, and the bridge officially opened in 1995; it established the record...
Rue Général Kœnig, 50480 Sainte-Mère-Église, France
On the surface it might seem a bit out of place that a church honors warriors with beautiful stained glass. But in Sainte-Mere-Eglise, the first village liberated by the Allies on the morning of June 6, 1944, the central church on the square...
- 1 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 4 Natural Wonders A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico