Collected by Caitlin Jafolla
351 Pacu Ln #200, Bishop, CA 93514, USA
Walk amongst the oldest living things on the planet. It's eerie, a bit weird looking, and out of the way. Isn't that the way you like it? That's why I went. It's nice at night, as you can tell from the photo. The Patriarch Grove in the Ancient...
17242 Bodega Hwy, Bodega, CA 94922, USA
Want to visit the church made famous from "The Birds" (movie) by Alfred Hitchcock? Or was the subject of a photograph by none other than Ansel Adams (who probably didn't take a star trails photo as done here, a long exposure photo showing the...
Trona Pinnacles, California, USA
The Trona Pinnacles is one of the most unusual geological features in the Mojave Desert of California, its unusual landscape consisting of hundreds of tufa spires rising from a former lake bed, stark mountains bracketing the formations.
300 Palm Canyon Dr, Borrego Springs, CA 92004, USA
There are at least 129 metal sculptures of varying sizes, many of them rather large, on the Galleta Meadows Estates, owned by the late Dennis Avery. The sculptures were all created by Ricardo Breceda, and are absolutely fascinating. Creating a...
We love going to the high desert in California, usually out to Joshua Tree National Park. We rented a house in Yucca Valley, not far from the Park entrance, through VRBO.com in late December so we could make home-cooked meals in the evenings. In...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 5 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna