Collected by Julie Wan
Strand Rd, Yangon MMR013017, Myanmar (Burma)
If you're looking for an authentic shopping experience, you can do worse than the Night Market at the Botataung Paya. The Paya, located near the river in Southern Rangoon, is one of the city's grandest sights lit up at night. On the Paya grounds...
Pyay Lan (West) Ward, Yangon, Myanmar (Burma)
In a modern, air-conditioned space that is welcoming to foreigners, Feel serves an astounding variety of traditional Burmese food, from curries and some of Yangon’s best mohinga (the national fish noodle soup) to snake beans served with dried...
Kamaryut, Yangon, Myanmar (Burma)
There are many characters in Yangon, but none more fabulous than the Fabulous Mr. Kyi who has the most remarkable store, jammed pack with antiques, almost antiques, folk art, real art and curious. It's tucked down a side street off of Than Lwin...
No. 169, Wa Dan Street, Yangon, Myanmar (Burma)
Shan Yoe Yar recently emerged as one of Yangon’s premier options for local cuisine. The restaurant is located in a newly remodeled teak colonial building in the central downtown neighborhood of Lanmadaw. It's pleasant environment incorporates a...
Myeik, Myanmar (Burma)
Uncharted, Tropical Myanmar? Yes it does exist and it’s called the Myeik Archipelago, a cluster of 800 idyllic islands straight out of a fairytale book of your dreams. As the New York Times recently reported, this tropical archipelago -- which is...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles