Collected by AFAR Explorer
ဗဟန်းလမ်း, Yangon, Myanmar (Burma)
Set on a hill overlooking Yangon, Shwedagon Pagoda is the country’s most sacred Buddhist site, said to enshrine eight strands of Buddha’s hair. It’s also the most impressive, with hundreds of vibrantly colored and intricately decorated temples and...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 5 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December