Collected by Andrew Grassi
Bulevard "Evlogi i Hristo Georgiev" 99А, 1000 Sofia, Bulgaria
I still don't know what drew us to it. Somehow we sensed that there was something good to be found beyond an open courtyard, and we hung around long enough to follow someone around the back of a building, through a doorway, and up some stairs, to...
1415 м. Орехите, Bulgaria
I never thought I'd actually see someone walk across a pile of hot coals--and I'm still not sure if I did. (Doesn't it defy science?) The Bulgarian tradition of nestinarstvo harkens back to a pagan ritual with bagpipes and processions, designed to...
3 St.Valentine Street, 4001, 4001 Western Industrial Zone, Plovdiv, Bulgaria
It’s a brand new hotel, beautifully furnished that also offers spa services. It is located a few miles outside the city of Plovdiv, right next to a gorgeous technically crafted lake. To those who love nature and relaxation at their vacation time,...
ul. "Mesemvria" 49, 4000 Kamenitsa 2, Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Bulgaria is an amazing country filled with complex history and beautiful sites. Plovdiv, dubbed "The Second City" sits nicely in the center of the country among majestic mountain ranges and Roman ruins. Plovidiv can be considered the cultural...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 5 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December