Collected by Andrew Grassi
Bulevard "Evlogi i Hristo Georgiev" 99А, 1000 Sofia Center, Sofia, Bulgaria
I still don't know what drew us to it. Somehow we sensed that there was something good to be found beyond an open courtyard, and we hung around long enough to follow someone around the back of a building, through a doorway, and up some stairs, to...
1415 м. Орехите, Bulgaria
I never thought I'd actually see someone walk across a pile of hot coals--and I'm still not sure if I did. (Doesn't it defy science?) The Bulgarian tradition of nestinarstvo harkens back to a pagan ritual with bagpipes and processions, designed to...
3 St.Valentine Street, 4001, 4001 Western Industrial Zone, Plovdiv, Bulgaria
It’s a brand new hotel, beautifully furnished that also offers spa services. It is located a few miles outside the city of Plovdiv, right next to a gorgeous technically crafted lake. To those who love nature and relaxation at their vacation time,...
ul. "Mesemvria" 49, 4000 Kamenitsa 2, Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Bulgaria is an amazing country filled with complex history and beautiful sites. Plovdiv, dubbed "The Second City" sits nicely in the center of the country among majestic mountain ranges and Roman ruins. Plovidiv can be considered the cultural...
- 1History + CultureThe Tea Capital of Europe Isn’t Where You Think It Is
- 2Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 3History + CultureIntimate Portraits of Women Who Live as Men in Remote Albania
- 4Hiking + Cycling6 Awesome Hiking Apps for Adventurous Travelers
- 5Where to Go in FallAn Expert Guide to Working Remotely and Traveling the World