Collected by Christopher Morrison
5068 Nikiup, Bulgaria
I would say this happened at the height of our enthusiasm for voluntouring. We spent 6 weeks in a rustic little village, tending to animals and farming, in central Bulgaria. It was one of those old farm villages where all the houses are clustered...
Maria Luiza 131, 1202 Sofia Center, Sofia, Bulgaria
It's not until you go overseas do you realize that things are just that little bit different. This room at the Sofia Princess Hotel was on the smaller side than US rooms and with a "firmer" mattress; the room card was needed to run the lights in...
During my time in Sofia I took a drive south to the famous Rila Monastery. This surprisingly colorful building was established in the 10th century, but experienced multiple raids during the Ottoman occupation and suffered a fire in the 19th...
6137 Koprinka, Bulgaria
I was driving down Highway 6 when I spotted a local carnival. I pulled over, parked, and stayed for several hours watching traditional folk music and dancing, wrestling (big in Bulgaria) matches, and general merriment. I love that the festival...
6816 Balabanovo, Bulgaria
I was on a business trip to Kardjali, which is small town about 3 hrs from Bulgaria's capital, Sofia. I was amazed everyday I was in Kardjali to find that this small place that's never heard of by many people, has many beautiful natural formations...
- 1 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 2 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 3 Natural Wonders The Best Hot Springs in the United States
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign