Collected by Christopher Morrison
5068 Nikiup, Bulgaria
I would say this happened at the height of our enthusiasm for voluntouring. We spent 6 weeks in a rustic little village, tending to animals and farming, in central Bulgaria. It was one of those old farm villages where all the houses are clustered...
Maria Luiza 131, 1202 Sofia Center, Sofia, Bulgaria
It's not until you go overseas do you realize that things are just that little bit different. This room at the Sofia Princess Hotel was on the smaller side than US rooms and with a "firmer" mattress; the room card was needed to run the lights in...
During my time in Sofia I took a drive south to the famous Rila Monastery. This surprisingly colorful building was established in the 10th century, but experienced multiple raids during the Ottoman occupation and suffered a fire in the 19th...
6137 Koprinka, Bulgaria
I was driving down Highway 6 when I spotted a local carnival. I pulled over, parked, and stayed for several hours watching traditional folk music and dancing, wrestling (big in Bulgaria) matches, and general merriment. I love that the festival...
6816 Balabanovo, Bulgaria
I was on a business trip to Kardjali, which is small town about 3 hrs from Bulgaria's capital, Sofia. I was amazed everyday I was in Kardjali to find that this small place that's never heard of by many people, has many beautiful natural formations...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys