Buddhist Monks of Thailand
Collected by Bill Young
Lum Sum, Sai Yok District, Kanchanaburi 71150, Thailand
These two monks were waiting for a train under an ancient banyan tree in western Thailand. We asked about the color of their robes. One explained in English that his saffron robe meant he was a city monk while the maroon robe was worn by his...
Chang Moi, Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai, Thailand
We waited with hundreds of early risers, some tourists and many locals, beside a road that came into Chang Mai from the mountain that looms over the city. We had purchased rice and other food to offer as alms. Well, before sunrise, the monks...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 3 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Paris Riots
- 4 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now
- 5 Romance 9 of the World’s Most Romantic Winter Wonderlands