Collected by Chi-Chi Zhang
228 Kaiyuan Ave, Luolong Qu, Luoyang Shi, Henan Sheng, China, 471000
Baima Temple is the first official government sanctioned Buddhist temple in China. Founded in 68 AD, Emperor Ming of the Eastern Han dynasty commissioned the temple after two Indian monks brought the first Buddhist scriptures to China. Unless you’...
243 Provincial Rd, Yichuan Xian, Luoyang Shi, Henan Sheng, China
From one-inch statutes to the 57-foot Vairocana Buddha in the Fengxian Temple (pictured above), Longmen’s 100,000 Buddhist statues provide an awe-inspiring window into Buddhist art and its development through Chinese history. Beginning in 493 AD...
Renmin E St, Xiahe Xian, Gannan Zangzuzizhizhou, Gansu Sheng, China
For a truly spiritual experience, Xiahe is one of my favorite destinations in China. Xiahe, part of the Gannan Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture located on the southern edge of Gansu Province, is home to the Labrang Monastery. Founded around 1700,...
313 Provincial Rd, Luqu Xian, Gannan Zangzuzizhizhou, Gansu Sheng, China
Langmusi is a small town in the Amdo region of China’s Tibetan Plateau. The town, which rests at 3,345 meters above sea level, is bifurcated by the Sichuan and Gansu Province border. While Langmusi is best known for the vast grasslands that...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village