Collected by Cynthia Manchester
Paro bhutan, satsam chorten, Paro, Bhutan
I visited Bhutan in the Spring of 2010, and had the opportunity to climb the mountain trail to Tiger's Nest. Tiger's Nest is a Buddhist sacred site and temple complex, located on a cliff 900 meters above the Paro Valley. To get to this popular...
Chang Lam, Thimphu, Bhutan
The national sport of Bhutan is archery. Serious archery. These gentlemen (the Prince was a competitor before he became King) are so good they hit targets we couldn't even see from the competitors end of the grounds. When they did well they would...
Shop with locals atThimphu’s Weekend Market, where you can buy handwoven silks, singing bowls, and traditional masks, above. You’ll also find human bones: Thigh bones, kangdu, are blown like trumpets, and skulls, kapala, are used to hold water or...
- 1History + CultureThe Tea Capital of Europe Isn’t Where You Think It Is
- 2Tech6 Awesome Hiking Apps for Adventurous Travelers
- 3Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 4History + CultureIntimate Portraits of Women Who Live as Men in Remote Albania
- 5MusicBeyond the French Quarter: Discovering New Orleans’s Downriver Delights