Collected by Cynthia Manchester
Paro bhutan, satsam chorten, Paro, Bhutan
I visited Bhutan in the Spring of 2010, and had the opportunity to climb the mountain trail to Tiger's Nest. Tiger's Nest is a Buddhist sacred site and temple complex, located on a cliff 900 meters above the Paro Valley. To get to this popular...
Chang Lam, Thimphu, Bhutan
The national sport of Bhutan is archery. Serious archery. These gentlemen (the Prince was a competitor before he became King) are so good they hit targets we couldn't even see from the competitors end of the grounds. When they did well they would...
Shop with locals atThimphu’s Weekend Market, where you can buy handwoven silks, singing bowls, and traditional masks, above. You’ll also find human bones: Thigh bones, kangdu, are blown like trumpets, and skulls, kapala, are used to hold water or...
- 1The Future of the Great American Road Trip Is Electric
- 2Austria’s New James Bond Museum Is a Spectacular Secret Lair High in the Alps
- 3How to Plan the Perfect Group Trip (Without the Stress)
- 4How to Glamp Under the Midnight Sun in Norway This Summer
- 5Yosemite’s Giant Sequoia Grove Reopens After Nearly Three Years