Collected by George Schissler
Budapest, Klauzál tér 9, 1072 Hungary
Stick-to-the-ribs staples such as kaposztas kocka (a dish of cabbage and pasta) and solet (smoked pork and baked beans) are served at this no-frills, plastic-tablecloth joint in the old Jewish Quarter. Autographed photos of celebrities who have...
Budapest, Kazinczy u. 14, 1075 Hungary
A decade ago, romkocsma, or ruin bars, began popping up in the city’s sixth and seventh districts. In the courtyards of empty buildings slated for renovation, young people brought in secondhand furniture and started serving drinks. Today,...
Budapest, Vörösmarty tér 7-8, 1051 Hungary
Cafe Gerbeaud was recommended to me by a good friend who is Hungarian and studied abroad in Budapest. They have the most delicious cakes, tartes, and pastries and my friends and I enjoyed some sweets with coffee as we sat outside on their terrace...
- 1 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Travel News A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 3 Packing Tips How to Pack a Suitcase
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico