Collected by Kari Niles
Budapest, Klauzál tér 9, 1072 Hungary
Stick-to-the-ribs staples such as kaposztas kocka (a dish of cabbage and pasta) and solet (smoked pork and baked beans) are served at this no-frills, plastic-tablecloth joint in the old Jewish Quarter. Autographed photos of celebrities who have...
Budapest, Kazinczy u. 14, 1075 Hungary
An edgy crowd gathers at Szimpla Kert, a wacky ruin pub in the old Jewish Quarter. On entering, you’ll be overwhelmed by the maze of rooms, where you might find recycled computer monitors, towering piles of books, hookah pipes, or live...
Budapest, Vámház krt. 1-3, 1093 Hungary
The Great Market Hall in Budapest should be any visitors first stop in order to get acquainted to the people, goods and grub of Hungary. The market is one of those strange places that caters to both locals and tourists alike without losing its...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Where to Go in Fall 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local
- 5 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna