Collected by AFAR Explorer
For our first visit to Corsica, friends encouraged us to start in the south- the Michelin-starred stronghold of the island and beachy birthplace of Napoleon. But crisp turquoise water and a mountainous landscape awaited to the north. We began in...
Route des Sanguinaires, 20000 Ajaccio, France
Young and poor, but frequent-flier-mile rich, my wife and I were able to go to Corsica for our first anniversary...Staying with friends always helps...They lived in Ajaccio, (birthplace of Napoléon Bonaparte), and at sunset one evening, they took...
07021 Porto Cervo, Province of Olbia-Tempio, Italy
This island lies in the Strait of Bonifacio, between Corsica and the top end of Sardinia. The Strait of Bonifacio is famous among sailors for its notorious weather and fantastic wind. It’s quite an art to navigate around the rocks along the coast....
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Cruise Serenity Now: These Are the Cruise Lines Going Totally Kid-Free
- 5 Festivals + Events 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local