Collected by AFAR Explorer
For our first visit to Corsica, friends encouraged us to start in the south- the Michelin-starred stronghold of the island and beachy birthplace of Napoleon. But crisp turquoise water and a mountainous landscape awaited to the north. We began in...
Route des Sanguinaires, 20000 Ajaccio, France
Young and poor, but frequent-flier-mile rich, my wife and I were able to go to Corsica for our first anniversary...Staying with friends always helps...They lived in Ajaccio, (birthplace of Napoléon Bonaparte), and at sunset one evening, they took...
07021 Porto Cervo, Province of Olbia-Tempio, Italy
This island lies in the Strait of Bonifacio, between Corsica and the top end of Sardinia. The Strait of Bonifacio is famous among sailors for its notorious weather and fantastic wind. It’s quite an art to navigate around the rocks along the coast....
- 1Travel NewsThe Best Amazon Prime Day Deals for Travelers
- 2Air TravelDelta Just Made Its Economy Seats Bigger
- 3Travel NewsUber Is Trying to Fix Its Most Annoying Problem
- 4Travel NewsAmsterdam’s Tiny Bridge Houses Are Now One-of-a-Kind Hotel Suites
- 5Where to Go in SummerThe Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Summer