Collected by Edward Hoover
Rue de Savoie 13, 1060 Saint-Gilles, Belgium
Britxos is a cozy foodie spot in Saint-Gilles serving yummy brunch, lunch, tapas and drinks. Created by a local caterer, the name Britxos comes from the words “British” and “Pintxos” (as tapas are called in the Basque country) and the concept is...
Rue de France 40, 1060 Bruxelles, Belgium
Sunday Market at Gare du Midi is a must. It is a nice stroll through the different neighborhoods when coming out of the city centre. I enjoyed seeing locals pulling their market carts behind them, the concentration of market carts grew when I was...
1000 Brussels, Belgium
For a great shopping experience, provided that you have a wallet full of Euros, is the Sablon area of Brussels. Other than the art galleries and cafes and restaurants, you can catch the brocante, or flea market, in the square. The photo is of a...
Rue Montagne aux Herbes Potagères 7, 1000 Bruxelles, Belgium
One of the "must visit" places in Brussels is A la Morte Subite, which is a cafe that dates back over a hundred years. It has that real "Brussels" & "Jacques Brel" feel to it. I remember the old days when there was lots of beer being poured and...
Vossenplein, 1000 Brussel, Belgium
Jeu de Balles is a quintessential flea market set in the heart of the Marolles District of Brussels that runs daily through the morning. My favorite time to go is on Sunday when the square is filled with the most vendors who sell anything from...
- 1Air TravelTSA Implements New Carry-On Rules for Powders
- 2Travel TipsHow to Plan the Perfect Group Trip (Without the Stress)
- 3Festivals + EventsSweden’s Magical Midsommar Festival Is Straight out of a Fairy Tale
- 4Museums + GalleriesAustria’s New James Bond Museum Is a Spectacular Secret Lair High in the Alps
- 5Travel NewsHow to Glamp Under the Midnight Sun in Norway This Summer