Collected by Robin Simon
Things to check out on trip to Brussels in November.
Rue Montagne de la Cour 2, 1000 Bruxelles, Belgium
My favourite building in Brussels is the Old England on Mont des Arts, just around the corner from Place Royal. It’s a striking concoction of steel and glass in the Art Nouveau style Brussels is so famous for. But what’s on the inside is just as...
Place des Palais 7, 1000 Bruxelles, Belgium
Place Royal is a busy spot in Brussels. Tourists queue up for the many museums, office-workers bustle back and forth from their cubicles, cars zip around the roundabout and, trams rumble through the middle. All the while, few know that beneath the...
Avenue Léo Errera 41, 1180 Uccle, Belgium
The Musee David et Alice van Buuren is a house and garden planned, built, and decorated in the late 1920s by art lovers David Van Buuren and wife Alice in the Art Deco style. It was their home until 1960 and became a museum in 1975. The...
10 Parc du Cinquantenaire, 1000 Bruxelles, Belgium
The Cinquantenaire Museum, located right beside Brussels’ iconic triumphal arch, is one of the best ‘hidden gem’ museums of the city. This museum of civilizations is part of the Royal Museums of Art and History. Permanent collections include...
Rue des Francs 5, 1040 Bruxelles, Belgium
Thanks in part to Baron Victor Horta, Brussels was a leading center of the Art Nouveau movement starting in the 1890s and ending just before the Great War. This private house, open to the public once a month, wasn't a Horta creation but one by the...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Travel News Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Cruise Serenity Now: These Are the Cruise Lines Going Totally Kid-Free
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local