Brownstone Brooklyn's Best
Collected by Annie Shustrin , AFAR Local Expert
419 Myrtle Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11205, USA
Myrtle Avenue is a mix of new and old when it comes to brunch. While some favorites have been open forever, others have carved out their own niche in only a few years. Putnam's, on the corner of Myrtle Ave and Clinton Ave, has been serving modern...
264 Carlton Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11205, USA
Normally, I like my coffee shops quick and easy. As I'm always on the road, coffee is rarely a sit down thing. But at home - when there is time to linger over coffee and no need to rush the barista through the process, Smooch is my home. This...
86 S Portland Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11217, USA
There was never a restaurant that was so true to its name. This restaurant is small. It fits in a miniscule storefront and has used every square inch to create a Mexican oasis from the Brooklyn outside it's bright colored walls. The decorations...
19 Old Fulton St, Brooklyn, NY 11201, USA
I recently learned that my suspicions were valid. While still very good, the pizza at Grimaldi's Pizzeria – a famous tourist stop in Brooklyn – just wasn't good enough to warrant the excessively long lines out front. Why? Because the pizza isn't...
69 Lafayette Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11217, USA
by Jason Lampkin “Want to run into film industry heads? Have breakfast or lunch at this neighborhood diner. Locals meet up and network from booth to booth. The challah French toast—my first experience with any bread other than Wonder Bread—is...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign