Brønnøysund's Top Five
Collected by David Nikel , AFAR Local Expert
Storgata 10, 8900 Brønnøysund, Norway
A change from the many wooden stave churches that dot the Norwegian countryside, Brønnøy Church is made of a beautiful light gray stone. Constructed in 1870 for the Brønnøy parish, the church is built in the shape of a cross with a neo-Gothic...
Fv17 290, 8900 Brønnøysund, Norway
A short five-kilometer trip from Brønnøysund, the area around Hildurs has been used for agriculture and social gatherings since the time of the Vikings. You can sense that history as you explore the features of this working farm. The peaceful...
Toft, 8900 Brønnøysund, Norway
Norwegian salmon is sought after around the world and enjoyed by millions every day. Take the short trip to Toft to learn about the development of the fishing industry and see the technologies that help Mother Nature take a fish from an egg to the...
8909 Tofte, Norway
Take in the maritime atmosphere of Brønnøysund with a walk along Havnegata, the busy harbor and the town’s marina. Gain an insight into the life of an archipelago worker and the importance of the seafaring life in the Helgeland region. While...
Torghatten, Brønnøy Municipality, Norway
Get up close and personal with the famous Torghatten Mountain on a short guided hike. A knowledgeable local guide will explain the history of the region and the legend behind the hole in Torghatten. Scientists will tell you the hole is the result...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Natural Wonders Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Where to Go in Fall The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Now Open at 1 U.S. Museum