Brønnøysund's Top Five
Collected by David Nikel, AFAR Local Expert
Storgata 10, 8900 Brønnøysund, Norway
A change from the many wooden stave churches that dot the Norwegian countryside, Brønnøy Church is made of a beautiful light gray stone. Constructed in 1870 for the Brønnøy parish, the church is built in the shape of a cross with a neo-Gothic...
Fv17 290, 8900 Brønnøysund, Norway
A short five-kilometer trip from Brønnøysund, the area around Hildurs has been used for agriculture and social gatherings since the time of the Vikings. You can sense that history as you explore the features of this working farm. The peaceful...
Toft, 8900 Brønnøysund, Norway
Norwegian salmon is sought after around the world and enjoyed by millions every day. Take the short trip to Toft to learn about the development of the fishing industry and see the technologies that help Mother Nature take a fish from an egg to the...
8909 Tofte, Norway
Take in the maritime atmosphere of Brønnøysund with a walk along Havnegata, the busy harbor and the town’s marina. Gain an insight into the life of an archipelago worker and the importance of the seafaring life in the Helgeland region. While...
Torghatten, Brønnøy Municipality, Norway
Get up close and personal with the famous Torghatten Mountain on a short guided hike. A knowledgeable local guide will explain the history of the region and the legend behind the hole in Torghatten. Scientists will tell you the hole is the result...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village