British Isles ideas
Collected by Laura Miezejeski
Felinfach, Brecon LD3 0UB, UK
Hailed as the country’s best pub by The Good Pub Guide, The Felin Fach Griffin in Brecon harvests much of its produce from a generous kitchen garden out back. Liz Knight, owner of the wild herb company Forage, leads outings to search for nettles...
Ffordd Capel Deunant, Aberdaron, Pwllheli LL53 8BP, UK
The new 870-mile Wales Coast Path knits coastal wilds with the northern highlands and the eastern hill country that borders England. Here are three standout sections: The 30-mile Llyn Peninsula in northwest Wales (above) drew streams of pilgrims...
Illanreagh, Co. Donegal, Ireland
Under the Thatch specializes in quirky accommodations scattered throughout the country, including a painted gypsy caravan in the lake district of Mid Wales, an 18th-century former gamekeeper’s cottage in Snowdonia National Park, and a former...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 11 Fall Foliage Train Rides to Book Right Now