Collected by Brit Kleinman
Brit Kleinman′s Wishlist
El-Darb El-Ahmar, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
I traveled to Cairo last month with AFAR Experiences, and we visited the beautiful Sultan Hassan Mosque to meet with Imam Moez Masoud. The mosque, built in the mid-1300s, sits placidly in the midst of buzzing, honking Cairo, a peaceful oasis for...
Luang Prabang, Laos
The rural village near Luang Prabang was nearly deserted. Me and my friend had stopped to explore this small, nondescript hamlet on our way to the Kouang Si waterfalls. It was mid-morning, when men were at work and kids were in school. The only...
El-Gamaleya, Qism El-Gamaleya, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
This gentleman caught my eye from his stool in the back of the store as I wandered through the narrow alleys of the Khan el-Khalili souk in Cairo, and he beckoned me to come in. Thinking of my already overstuffed suitcase and still a bit skittish...
87 Derb Moulay Abdul Kader, Marrakesh 40000, Morocco
At Riad El Cadi on the outskirts of old town Marrakech, we learned about spices and traditional cooking techniques. Here you can see my little cooking station where they laid out all the colorful spices. Here we're blanching almonds to stuff into...
84,, Rue Riad Zitoun el Jdid, Marrakesh 40000, Morocco
While in Marrakech, we stayed near the medina (old town square) and frequented the souk (market) for new and delicious experiences at all hours. During the day you'll find 20 or more vendors selling hand-squeezed orange juice for 10 cents a glass,...
- 1 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 2 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 3 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign