Collected by Ruddy Harootian, AFAR Local Expert
R. Visc. de Pirajá, 452 - 1 - Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 22410-002, Brazil
Let me be honest about food in Rio; I did not eat much. Not because the food was bad, but because In the summer it’s all about keeping it light and tight. The hot bodies in Rio (there are about 2 gyms on every other block) can be a bit...
R. Barão da Torre, 485 - Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 22411-003, Brazil
I was fortunate enough to pick Brazil as my vacation destination of 2012. I ended up not being able to take vacation until this March because work was so busy, but finally the trip materialized and I am back from abroad with wonderful tips and...
R. Thomaz Gonzaga, 57 - Liberdade, São Paulo - SP, 01506-020, Brazil
Making connections with locals abroad can enhance your travel experience to another level. Not knowing much about Sao Paulo seemed like a disadvantage at first, but then I thought it would be exciting to discover the city on my own. The only...
R. Cantareira, 306 - Centro, São Paulo - SP, 01103-200, Brazil
Go to the Mercado Municipal in Sao Paulo for all your gourmet needs. The market has everything from fresh vegetables to homemade candies. I decided to go for a mortadella sandwich from Bar do Mane. The locals seem to have a soft-spot for the...
- 1Travel NewsTSA Implements New Carry-On Rules for Powders
- 2Travel TipsHow to Plan the Perfect Group Trip (Without the Stress)
- 3Festivals + EventsSweden’s Magical Midsommar Festival Is Straight out of a Fairy Tale
- 4Museums + GalleriesAustria’s New James Bond Museum Is a Spectacular Secret Lair High in the Alps
- 5Luxury AdventureHow to Glamp Under the Midnight Sun in Norway This Summer