Collected by Katherine Kneier , AFAR Staff
R. Primeiro de Março, S/N - Centro, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 20010-000, Brazil
I went to The Cathedral of Rio de Janeiro that does not look like your traditional Cathedral--from the outside it is shaped like a cone and when you step in you are hit with four amazing stained glass scenes that basically go from the floor to the...
Santa Teresa, Rio de Janeiro - State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
One of the best things I ate while in Rio was Pao de Queijo (cheese bread). It is basically a baked ball of dough and cheese that melts in your mouth. Almost every cafe in Rio sells these...usually they give you a little bag filled with them so...
Rua Pacheco Leão, 812 - Jardim Botânico, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 22460-030, Brazil
The AFAR March/April 2012 issue featured Jardim Botanico in Rio de Janiero so while I was there I had to check out some of the places that were featured. I ate at JoJo Cafe Bistro and tried Batman's recommendation of shrimp risotto--it was...
Av. João Luiz Alves, 378 - Urca, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 22291-090, Brazil
While in Rio you must go to Sugarloaf Mountain. It has beautiful views of the entire city. I went on a day that was misty and cloudy and was a little disappointed that I couldn't see the Christ the Redeemer statue from the mountain, but soon the...
- 1 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 4 Travel News A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico