Collected by Sushaan Modi
R. Primeiro de Março, S/N - Centro, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 20010-000, Brazil
I went to The Cathedral of Rio de Janeiro that does not look like your traditional Cathedral--from the outside it is shaped like a cone and when you step in you are hit with four amazing stained glass scenes that basically go from the floor to the...
Av. Vinte de Janeiro, s/nº - Freguesia (Ilha do Governador), Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 21941-900, Brazil
Famous and not do famous musicians from all over come to this quaint spot to play music and jam. Only if you are playing music are you allowed at the tables, and crowds gather to listen and drink.
Estr. do Joá, 1736 - Joá, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, Brazil
That morning I had climbed up the mountain called Pedra Bonita (Little Rock) where hang gliders jump off the edge of a cliff to a 1600 ft drop over Tijuca National Park. The tandem flights require you to literally run and leap off a wooden...
Rua Pacheco Leão, 915 - Jardim Botânico, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, Brazil
Corcovado. Check. Sugarloaf. Been there. Ipanema. Yeah, I saw that girl on the beach too. Botanical Garden. Now that’s a new one. Located at the base of Corcovado Mountain, and under the right arm of Christ the Redeemer, you will discover the...
Av. João Luiz Alves, 378 - Urca, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 22291-090, Brazil
While in Rio you must go to Sugarloaf Mountain. It has beautiful views of the entire city. I went on a day that was misty and cloudy and was a little disappointed that I couldn't see the Christ the Redeemer statue from the mountain, but soon the...
- 1TechThe Future of the Great American Road Trip Is Electric
- 2History + CulturePortugal’s Exquisite Historic Lodgings Offer a Window to the Past
- 3Museums + GalleriesAustria’s New James Bond Museum Is a Spectacular Secret Lair High in the Alps
- 4Travel TipsHow to Plan the Perfect Group Trip (Without the Stress)
- 5Exceptional Travel ExperiencesThe True Magic of Machu Picchu Isn’t Where You Think It Is