Collected by Tharshana Ganesh
Na Slavíne, Bratislava, Slovakia
A rather interesting tribute not only to soldiers who fought the Nazis in WWII, but also a bit of a tribute to Communism with it's strong symbolism, stars, and menacing vibe. Surrounded by a beautiful garden and some rather affluent neighbors,...
Rudnayovo námestie 1, 811 01 Bratislava, Slovakia
Standing in Bratislava since 1452, the cathedral is a historic centerpiece of Bratislava and of Eastern Europe. During the Ottoman Empire days when Hungary was conquered, St. Martin's Cathedral became the coronation church for Hungarian kings.
Old Town, Slovakia
I mainly stopped off in Bratislava to take an afternoon break between Vienna and Budapest, but Bratislava Old Town really surprised me. Old Town was filled with street art and statues. This street performer was imitating a bronze statue found near...
811 06 Bratislava, Slovakia
This spot has been occupied for thousands of years as a central point to the region, even before the Bratislava or Slovakia even existed. This castle was first built in the 10th century, and saw it's own experiences of different rulers, different...
Most SNP 1, 851 01 Bratislava-Petržalka, Slovakia
There's isn't enough beer in Bratislava to help you pronounce Most Slovenského národného povstania, or Bridge of the Slovak National Uprising. Which is a good thing, then, that they recently changed the name to Novy Most, or New Bridge. At least...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys