Collected by Lydia Kwok
62 613, Obchodná, 811 06 Bratislava, Slovakia
Not too far from the old town of Bratislava is the Slovak Pub, which is more of a restaurant of authentic Slovakian food than it is a pub. Yes, there is beer there and good beer, so this should be your go-to eatery in the city. One of my favorite...
Michalská 390/22, 811 03 Bratislava, Slovakia
This gate opening once stood as part of a wall surrounding the city of Bratislava (it was a much smaller city of course). Today it's just a lovely piece of historic architecture as you walk through Old Bratislava. My fiance told me that you should...
Rudnayovo námestie 1, 811 01 Bratislava, Slovakia
Standing in Bratislava since 1452, the cathedral is a historic centerpiece of Bratislava and of Eastern Europe. During the Ottoman Empire days when Hungary was conquered, St. Martin's Cathedral became the coronation church for Hungarian kings.
811 06 Bratislava, Slovakia
This spot has been occupied for thousands of years as a central point to the region, even before the Bratislava or Slovakia even existed. This castle was first built in the 10th century, and saw it's own experiences of different rulers, different...
Miletičova 580/54, 821 08 Bratislava, Slovakia
Venturing into the neighborhood of Nivy, you'll find this large outdoor market full of fresh produce, cheap goods, and a few stands selling true Slovak street food. For me, I come to this spot to get langoše (lahn-goesh). It's yeast dough...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles