Collected by John Galante, AFAR Staff
While staying at Jack's Camp in the Kalahari Desert, guests are treated to a fun way to explore the largest single salt pan on earth - in the middle of the savannah in northeastern Botswana - the Makgadikgadi Pan. Once the sun starts to set,...
Okavango Delta, Botswana
Botswana’s most famous crafts are baskets woven from fan palm fibers. They are dyed with natural pigments: blue from fever-berry leaves, dark brown from magic guarri shrubs, and yellow from the roots of red star apple trees. Some baskets take a...
Kalahari Desert Dr, Palm Desert, CA 92211, USA
Spend the morning walking with Zu/’hoasi Bushmen trackers. Uncharted Africa Safari Co. has pioneered and passionately supported cultural tourism in Botswana since the company’s inception 13 years ago. It has long been their belief that it is a...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 4 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village