Collected by AFAR Explorer
13 Oak Hill Rd, Belfast, ME 04915, USA
With Mack Page in charge, you get a strong sense you've got a well-oiled machine. Which is just as it should be, given his stolid, green-and-red, 70-ton, 1946 diesel electric locomotive emblazoned with a moose head and 'B&ML' (Belfast and...
Edgartown, MA 02539, USA
One of the coolest free experiences on Martha's Vineyard is a morning at Katama Airfield to watch the World War II-era planes take off and land. These are no amateur pilots, either: the planes can be seen doing impressive aerial tricks over South...
1 Long Wharf, Boston, MA 02110, USA
In the summer, when the temperatures reach sweltering and the city is crowded with tourists, the Boston Harbor Islands are where Bostonians go to escape. The Harbour Islands are comprised of 12 islands in total. Although it's a mere 15 to 20...
- 1 Natural Wonders There Are Two Meteor Showers This Month. Here’s How to Watch Them.
- 2 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village
- 5 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now