Collected by Jim Gregory
10 Route de Giscours, 33460 Labarde, France
An original…Giscours can be traced back to the fourteenth century. The first vines were planted back in 1552 by a wealthy Bordeaux draper name Pierre de Lhomme. The vineyards have been in the hands of multiple owners since the beginning, however...
Le Miroir d'eau, 33000 Bordeaux, France
"Le Miroir d’Eau” near the Garonne River is a delightful place for an afternoon of people watching in one of France’s most enduring and picturesque cities. While photographers focus on the reflections of the Place de la Bourse in the mirror of...
69 Cours Pasteur, 33000 Bordeaux, France
Since 2001, residents of Bordeaux have been able to rent free bikes through Vélo Ville de Bordeaux (VVB), the city's long-term bike loan program. Some four thousand bikes have been loaned to locals since the program launched and the requests...
33000 Bordeaux, France
My 5:30 a.m. departure from Bordeaux allowed me an opportunity to take one last photo of the Grand Theatre de Bordeaux, which opened in 1780. Royal architect Victor Lewis conceived the theatre as a temple of arts and light and succeeded in making...
Grab a map and draw your own path, starting in the town of Bordeaux. See that area to the right, between the parallel Dordogne and Lot rivers? Stay within the borders of this area where authentic food reigns. Tips from the pros: The driving can be...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna