Collected by Bonn
New Orleans, LA, USA
Frenchmen Street is, more or less, the local-music version of Bourbon Street. It also has its share of tourists trundling about with go-cups in hand, but they’re drawn more by the music than the drink. Plan to spend an evening (things start...
500 Chartres St, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA
New Orleans is of the few places in the US to allow drinking on the streets. No glass allowed, but open alcohol in cups is no problem. So get yourself a to-go daiquiri—they're available at these stands in a variety of flavors—and stroll a city...
1234 Chartres St, New Orleans, LA 70116, USA
My husband and I only had 3 days in New Orleans and so we tried to make it count. We got some tips here on AFAR and tried to hit up all the main attractions. We stayed at La Richelieu hotel in the French Quarter. It was really neat. It has a...
623 Frenchmen St, New Orleans, LA 70116, USA
This Frenchmen Street landmark offers up a steady parade of remarkable local musicians from late afternoon until early morning, with an emphasis on foot-tapping traditional and swing jazz. Musicians play on a low stage against the front window;...
- 1 Air Travel Want a Free Volunteer Vacation? JetBlue Has Your Ticket
- 2 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 3 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 4 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December
- 5 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet