Collected by AFAR Explorer
Bonn-Zentrum, Bonn, Germany
The severed heads of the martyrs Cassius and Florentius are an unusual sculpture to be situated in the open plaza of the Bonn Münster, one of Germany's oldest churches. While a rather conspicuous reminder of the price these patron saints paid for...
Domkloster 4, 50667 Köln, Germany
August 6th, 2004 As a non-religious person, I am still a big fan of church architecture. Its hard to get more iconic than the Cologne Cathedral. If you visit and arrive from the train station, you are dumped out directly beside it. Climb the...
Am Schokoladenmuseum 1A, 50678 Köln, Germany
Chocoholics rejoice! Cologne is home to the particularly popular & rather unusual Museum of Chocolate. Who would not be excited about visiting a chocolate factory, especially one that allows you to drink from a warm chocolate spring? Since its...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles