Collected by AFAR Explorer
Bonn-Zentrum, Bonn, Germany
The severed heads of the martyrs Cassius and Florentius are an unusual sculpture to be situated in the open plaza of the Bonn Münster, one of Germany's oldest churches. While a rather conspicuous reminder of the price these patron saints paid for...
Domkloster 4, 50667 Köln, Germany
August 6th, 2004 As a non-religious person, I am still a big fan of church architecture. Its hard to get more iconic than the Cologne Cathedral. If you visit and arrive from the train station, you are dumped out directly beside it. Climb the...
Am Schokoladenmuseum 1A, 50678 Köln, Germany
Chocoholics rejoice! Cologne is home to the particularly popular & rather unusual Museum of Chocolate. Who would not be excited about visiting a chocolate factory, especially one that allows you to drink from a warm chocolate spring? Since its...
- 1 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 2 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 3 Where to Go in Winter Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 4 Holiday Travel 15 Go-to Pieces of Travel Gear to Gift This Holiday Season
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 12 Great Beaches for Winter Sun