Collected by Pat
Bologna, Metropolitan City of Bologna, Italy
November 2011 ::: Meeting Alessandro Martini for the first time at 7.30 in the morning is like having a double espresso, twice in one go. He is as animated and bright as his jacket (in the photos). Only one other guest, an American lady by the...
Via Ugo Bassi, 25, 40121 Bologna BO, Italy
This pork sausage has been made for at least 2000 years, today the name is protected, ensuring that authentic Mortadella is free from fillers, artificial colors, flavors and preservatives. Only finely ground pork, high quality fat squares and a...
Via Zamboni, 6, 40126 Bologna BO, Italy
Being a university town, Bologna has a lot of great (affordable) cafes. It's also the gastronomic capital of Italy, so the odds are in your favor that you'll eat well. At Caffe Zamboni, you can indulge in a rich European-style hot chocolate or...
Via Rialto, 13, 40124 Bologna BO, Italy
Unless you live in the neighbour- hood, this place has to be recommended, otherwise you wont find it. And you would never expect to find behind this modest door in this side street one of the best restaurants in town. Its traditional bolognese...
Via Giacomo Leopardi, 4, 40100 Bologna BO, Italy
This is the new location of the Osteria senza nome (Cesare Marretti), a new modern setting, but the same concept: you choose between three kind of surprise menus a) meat, b) fish or c) vegetarian. Each dish costs 8 euro (incl. coperto), they keep...
- 1 Travel Tips The World’s Coolest Travel Jobs—and How to Get Them
- 2 Air Travel Emirates Has $799 Flights for Two This Valentine’s Day—but You’ll Have to Act Fast
- 3 National Parks 11 Crowd-Free National Parks You Should Visit Instead
- 4 Where to Go in Spring Places Where Your U.S. Dollar Will Go Far in Spring
- 5 Packing Tips How to Apply Marie Kondo’s Life-Changing Magic to Packing