Collected by Eva Bennett
Av. la Bandera, La Paz, Bolivia
From Avenida Sucre, take Avenida La Bandera and then head uphill. Climb the flight of stairs, take a few minutes to catch your breath, and enjoy the panoramic view of La Paz. Be sure to wear sunblock! The sun is strong at this altitude. No...
La Paz, Bolivia
El Valle de la Luna features an almost extra-terrestrial landscape caused by erosion. There are two circuits through the park, one that takes about 15 minutes, and a longer one that takes about 45 minutes. Both are easy hikes, but hang on tight to...
Belén, La Paz, Bolivia
The San Francisco cathedral was originally constructed in 1549. Take the guided tour of the church (20 Bolivianos per person, or about USD $3) even if you don't speak Spanish. The guide will lead you up to the roof for some great views of La Paz....
Isla del Sol, Bolivia
According to Inca lore, Isla del Sol is the birthplace of their revered Sun God. Its trail known as Willa Thaki or “the Sacred Route of the Eternal Sun,” passes up some suitably ancient scenery, including pre-Columbian ruins, sandstone formations,...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos
- 4 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022
- 5 Exceptional Travel Experiences The Ideal Iceland May Only Exist in Your Mind