Collected by Eva Bennett
Av. la Bandera, La Paz, Bolivia
From Avenida Sucre, take Avenida La Bandera and then head uphill. Climb the flight of stairs, take a few minutes to catch your breath, and enjoy the panoramic view of La Paz. Be sure to wear sunblock! The sun is strong at this altitude. No...
La Paz, Bolivia
El Valle de la Luna features an almost extra-terrestrial landscape caused by erosion. There are two circuits through the park, one that takes about 15 minutes, and a longer one that takes about 45 minutes. Both are easy hikes, but hang on tight to...
Belén, La Paz, Bolivia
The San Francisco cathedral was originally constructed in 1549. Take the guided tour of the church (20 Bolivianos per person, or about USD $3) even if you don't speak Spanish. The guide will lead you up to the roof for some great views of La Paz....
Isla del Sol, Bolivia
According to Inca lore, Isla del Sol is the birthplace of their revered Sun God. Its trail known as Willa Thaki or “the Sacred Route of the Eternal Sun,” passes up some suitably ancient scenery, including pre-Columbian ruins, sandstone formations,...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Cruise Serenity Now: These Are the Cruise Lines Going Totally Kid-Free
- 5 Festivals + Events 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local